In response to the global COVID-19 crisis, CTCA has implemented a number of measures and changes to our teaching, operation and services according to the advices and directives from the state and federal governments, the Australian College of Theology, and other relevant agencies since March 2020.
We have been communicating with our students and staff to encourage them to stay up-to-date with the development of this crisis and government directives, including the information about hygiene, self-isolation, social distancing, travel restrictions and government support.
We believe when we face this challenge with love, understanding, patience and adaptability, we can help maintain a safe and orderly environment for the place we are residing in and bear good witness to God. As a community, our actions can make a difference.
Frequently Asked Questions
With approval from ACT, classes are back to campus. Degree students can apply for ‘Not to attend in person’ via the Registration Office. COVID-19 safe procedures are implemented on campus. The student kitchen will be closed.
If a student is sick, has been in a COVID-19 hotspot or in close contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days, or is in isolation waiting for a COVID-19 test result, we ask the student to stay home.
- Students are encouraged to seek academic support from the lecturers or tutors.
- Students can contact our Dean of Studies when in need of support and extensions.
- The ZOOM Monday class for the subject “Ministry Seminar” is being held at the same time as the normal class time.
- Chapel, prayer meeting and small group mentoring are being conducted via ZOOM weekly or fortnightly as scheduled in the College’s calendar.
- All Monday Program (e.g. Seminar, Chapel, Prayer Meeting and Mentoring Groups) will be conducted remotely on ZOOM until further notice.
- Students are welcome to contact the Chaplain and the supporting team for guidance and assistance via mobile, email or ZOOM.
Our office is to re-open on Monday and Thursday only from 13 July 2020. Please contact us via email to email@example.com as far as possible and if necessary, visit our office on Monday or Thursday for enquiry. You may also leave a voice message on (02) 9715 2992.
We have put our events on hold for the time being. Our Mandarin Theological Lecture (cancelled in March) and 20th Anniversary Thanksgiving Dinner (originally scheduled for September) have been postponed to 2021. We will endeavour to re-arrange this year’s Graduation Ceremony and also affirm the Cantonese Theological Lecture once the circumstances are stable. Details will be announced as soon as practicable.
As always, we sincerely thank you for your support and prayers for the College. At this unprecedented crisis, please remember our students and staff in your prayers as we are adapting to new ways of learning, connection and services.
- Praise God for His faithfulness, guidance and provision.
- Thank God for empowering us to respond to the crisis timely.
- Pray for wisdom and strength for those in leadership and decision making.
- Pray for the churches and the communities our students and staff represent.